By Andy Ramos
We have all experienced that chance meeting where everything clicks and we come away with a brilliant, but random contact, however that’s not the norm. BBB B2B Mixers offer creative locations where high-level business CEOs and Executives can network and find opportunities to flourish in our ever-changing economy. These events are an excellent opportunity for your company to take an active and tangible role in the community.
Not ready to join in on the fun? Here are 5 reasons why face-to-face networking is valuable to you and your business.
1. Face to face is memorable: Potential clients are more likely to remember you if reach out in person as opposed to online. Emails don’t always make a lasting impression. The power of personally connecting and human interaction accelerates relationship building. In 10 minutes you can learn more about someone, and they about you, in person than in six months online. Finding common ground comes from having a conversation or discussion on the phone or in person and that face-to-face, personal connection could make the difference between you and your competitor!
2. Opportunities: Networking is an important way to develop contacts that you might not be able to meet by cold calling. If you can develop a personal relationship with prospects before you pick up the phone to call them, they are more likely to be receptive to a meeting. Face to face networking also gives you the opportunity to try out your people and customer service skills. When you’re talking with others you can tell what works. You can read their expressions and body language to see what they’re thinking. When you network you learn a lot about your delivery and can tweak that to your advantage.
3. Cost-Effective: Unlike many advertising tactics, networking costs very little. BBB B2B networking mixers are free for accredited businesses, and only $25 for non-accredited businesses which is great for beginners and startup companies.
4. Email is impersonal: People prefer to talk to real live people rather than a computer. They prefer to hear voice than to read an email. It’s the reason no one likes automated phone calls. They prefer personalized pitches to impersonal online marketing. People also tend to trust you better when they can see your face and hear your voice. They like to look you in the eye and make sure you’re trustworthy.
5. Advice: We rely on our networks and peers to advise us and keep us on track, and we give back to our networks in return. The better your network the more knowledge you can tap into. Don’t be afraid to ask questions, networking might save you from making poor business decisions. Networking with your peers can help you improve your skills and can offer you invaluable ideas to use in your job.
For more information about BBB B2B Mixers or to sign up for the July 12th mixer at Gordon Biersch in Mission Valley, please visit our website at bbb.org or contact Andy Ramos at firstname.lastname@example.org.